a fresh 22 pounder ~ raised in open air and sunshine
My “Gangnam Style” recipe for cooking a turkey:
1. Loosely stuff the cavities with roughly chopped onions, carrots, and celery, lots of butter and salt and pepper.
2. Rub the entire outside of the bird with soft butter and salt and pepper.
3. Put more roughly chopped onions, carrots and celery in the bottom of the roasting pan with enough turkey or chicken stock so that the pan does not dry out.
4. Roast at 325° for a total of about 4 to 5 hours. Leave the bird alone, don’t baste, don’t cover, just “do nothing” and then marvel at the beautiful bird when it reaches 165 degree internal temperature. Use a remote thermometer to monitor the temperature.
5. Remove from oven and let it rest.
6. Have a Skin Party and do the Horse-Riding Dance.
I believe the secret is to start with a great turkey. This is a fresh Diestel Turkey Ranch Premium Range Grown Broad Breasted Young Hen Turkey.
Everyone gather around while my brother Bill first slices the skin off the bird and passes the crispy morsels out to all the guests.
Joining “Gangnam Style Turkey” on the Buffet
We hope your Thanksgiving ROCKED too!
8 thoughts on “Turkey Gangnam Style”
Oh LL! Your Gangnam style (!!!) turkey looks fantastic! The skin looks perfect too! I love the details of your party, including the turkey butter! It seems like you had a great feast!
Your family sure knows how to enjoy holidays.
I’m swept away by the turkey butter! You’re so fun.
Glad it made you laugh! Prankster Gangnam Style! Kiss!
Thanks Lauren – we all got a big kick out of your sign! Stuck in the turkey himself, ha!
Turkey looks wonderful! The skin is the best part, especially when it’s deliciously golden brown like that. And I love Plymouth Rock… they say it’s not actually that much bigger in real life. ;=)
I would luv your stuffing recipe.
Hi Judi – here you go.
The Stuffing Everyone Loves