Eggless Egg Salad
Here’s a recipe I came up with after trying the eggless egg salad from Trader Joe’s. Theirs is pretty good, but doesn’t compare with good ol’ homemade.
Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients
- Organic Firm Tofu – one package
- Celery – half stalk plus leaves
- Shallot – one small clove
- Dill (fresh) – 1/2 t. or (dried) – 1/4 t.
- Turmeric – 1/2 t.
- Dijon Mustard – 1 t.
- Dill Pickle Relish – 2 t.
- Onion Powder – 1/4 t.
- Garlic Powder – 1/4 t.
- Cholesterol Free Canola Mayonnaise – 1/4 c.
- Sea Salt – to taste, use sparingly
- Smoked Paprika – to garnish
Put one-quarter of the block of tofu in a food processor with all the ingredients listed above except salt and paprika. Blend until combined. Add the remaining three-quarter block of tofu and pulse until mixed but not smooth, keeping a course texture. Taste. Adjust ingredients and salt to your liking. Add more turmeric if it needs more authentic egg salad color.